Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Silverscreen Beats

Over on Matthew Page's Bible Films Blog (note originating in Peter Chattaway's Filmchat: Jesus Movie Soundtracks on the BBC), there's a post about a new BBC Radio 4 programme:

Silverscreen Beats

It is on all this week at 3.45 pm BST, five episodes at 15 minutes each, taking the music for King of Kings, Godspell, Jesus Christ Superstar, The Life of Brian and The Last Temptation of Christ. You can listen again from the link above. Matt asks:
As for the series as a whole, I suspect it is a repeat. Certainly before Mark Goodacre's brief quote he is introduced as being from Birmingham University which would make it at least a year old! If that is the case, it's a very much welcome one.
Well, the clip of me speaking, as well as a lot of the rest of the content, is taken from a BBC Scotland documentary broadcast on Easter Day 2004 and entitled Silverscreen Superstar. I blogged on it briefly at the time (Silverscreen Superstar, 15 April 2004). I didn't know about the new version, so I am interested to see how it pans out and whether they'll be using any more of me in it.

No comments: