Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Dura-Europos Gospel Harmony Fragment Image Online

Thanks to David Parker for letting me know about this image of the Dura-Europos Gospel Harmony fragment now online, from Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Papyrus Collection:

Dura-Europos Gospel Harmony Fragment

I had some trouble opening the "zoom" file, the one that enables you to see the image in real detail, but found a solution. It is a SID file and requires a special plug-in so that it can be viewed. There is a useful walk-through here: Working with SID Files. It is well worth it to be able to study the fragment in all its glory. I wish we had had this available when we (David Parker, David Taylor and I) wrote our article on this fragment back in 1999.

2 comments:

Judith Weingarten said...

Is there a link to your joint article on this fascinating frg.? Or a chance of a pdf?

Mark Goodacre said...

I am afraid not, though most of it is available on Google Books.