Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Biblioblogs.com still defunct

I've been writing a paper, now with first draft completed, for the SBL International in July.  It's advertised title is "Pods, Blogs, Websites and Mark," but I have retitled it as "Mark in a Digital Age: The Internet and the Teaching of Mark's Gospel".  Research for it has involved going back and re-reading old blog posts, which is enormously good fun.  I had forgotten, though, that the site biblioblogs.com, which used to be run by Brandon Wason, John Hobbins and Jim West, is now defunct and so was grateful to Mark Hoffman for drawing attention to the Wayback Machine Archive of the old site.  Some of the formatting of the interviews has become a little mangled, but otherwise it's all there.

I'm wondering whether we should archive this properly?  I am happy to host it if someone else can be bothered to grab all the files.

While reading my own interview from back then, I came across one hilarious failed prediction, which I'll comment on separately.

2 comments:

Polymath Inventions said...

I'd like invite you to check out our new Greek New Testament App for Android Phones and Tablets.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.polymathinventions.OmegaProject&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5wb2x5bWF0aGludmVudGlvbnMuT21lZ2FQcm9qZWN0Il0.

Rick Sumner said...

Shouldn't a wget work to grab the files, so long as an unscrupulous individual were dastardly enough to ignore the robots.txt? I might know just such a guy. I should have some time on Monday, will see what I can do.